Friday, April 17, 2009

MY BitsGian Life...Reflections


“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.”

3years is a long time anywhere except here in college...a wide known fact anyone have to accept...i proudly say today m a bitsgian but still there are moments (ya, not one) when i felt i've done the biggest mistake of my life coming here (though the moments were short lived and out of frustration on other things, rather than on the college..but still i felt)...

the night (1st night in campus :P) still remains fresh in my memory wen i felt so insecure and tensed (coming out of home for the 1st time)...my 1st day in the campus...standing in the long queue for the registration having absolutely no idea who'll be joining me through my journey

i somehow prefer calling my period in BITS -a journey rather than a high voltage entertainment package...a journey dat has endured all the hurdles, from teenage bumps to youth jumps and helped me realize life's not gonna give u everything u expected...and more importantly told me that you are NOT the King..( i m aint telling the sad hard part of the story but you ask truely yourself, and u'l know wat m saying)

high hopes-of making it big in the college, 10 cg-who else cud get it other than me, gre-bang n chalo US..(for i thought its the way only way out from the ever boring job life...but today it still remains my dream...but with a small change...it seems to be my only way out in this recession ;))

i've done some of the things i've never done before (talking with gals..i mean the amout of time spent, eating food worth a penny...yea it will, and this can b continued on and on)...and i've never done a few things which i used to do before so much(playing games...donno wat happened but suddenly a big full stop to it during 1st sem)..

attended all classes on the 1st day...infact was at my class by 7:40 while the tutorial was at 8am...went straight to library after the 1st class..opened all the reference books & tried to analize which one' s better...i still laugh my stomach out wenever i think of it...for it lasted all no more than 4 days by which the air in the campus got inside me...

still cant remember exactly how i passed my time in the 1st year widout a comp...just the worst of worst things that cud happen to me rite now is me losing my lap...but then i still advice any new entrants to not to bring their laps in the very 1st yr...'cos the relations made in the 1st yr widout a lap, the fun of going to people's rooms, the long walks & the silly talks will all be diminished if not extinct...

so, the relations made in the 1st year were the best relations made and will remain so for me...and i guess it will be the case for any of you...
people meet, people talk, people forget, & people meet again (new ones)...but after 3 years, you are left with people whom you wish u never have talked at all...whom u wish u shud hav talked a bit before, whom u wish to continue having them along through yur life, wish u change a few things back; of course the present lies there before us & standing tall, telling us to take how it came & part ways for the future unknown ones to take over the places in our lives

as naming all wud simply make me sleep on this chair instead of naming, i'll rather take the easier way out here
i.AH5 \m/- made it the next best thing to be frm home...
ii.AH8 kasi dogs-u ppl made my 3rd yr -the yr to look out for (in fact the reason behind me attending classes)
iii.Ch4 junta-u ppl made me change me
iv.rest- u knew it

things that were hard to bear are sweet to remember...it holds true for most of the instances here for me in bits....

to be continued...
keep waiting for more

5 comments:

Prajeeth Reddy said...

this is the best one..
and dude this is the same thing in me (might be with every BITSGIAN) and i was very more than happy to read my thoughts (u know how i feel) this thing made me emotional dude.... and thnx for pennig down the thoughts in me and iam sure gonna
MISS U raa.. ajju

Áנคy Ŷשร said...

(praj) thnx ra...we will b in touch for another 1 year minimum for sure...dont worry rey..

Pradeep said...

nice post!!

SasiKiran Dadi said...

dude this is awesome post.. the thing about 1st yr comp is very true.. shud let our juniors know abt this post ;).. kool work man keep going even in the busy iim days.. i'll surly chk out for ur latest blogs

Áנคy Ŷשร said...

@sasi thanx for ur comment.. though a bit late.. brought a smile on my face :)
iim is so demanding and coming from bits, u cannot imagine..
trying my best to keep up with the postings though